MAC Meeting, 2015

A place to discuss anything of interest to collectors miniature airplanes

Moderators: grwebster, MichaelB, BWBrown, angelreader, ronc200

MAC Meeting, 2015

Postby MichaelB » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Again this year I am planning on hosting MAC members at the local Airliner Collectibles Show, which will be on October 31st here in Houston.
This year I will making a table available to MAC members who want to sell their items. That said...if, in the past year, if you have financially contributed to helping keep MAC alive on line - you have a place reserved.
If you have not contributed you may do so. Costs here at MAC are minimal since the staff works mostly for root beer floats and is easily satisfied. However, the electrons call their due each year and must be placated! I recommend a $10 donation and would like to extend my thanks to those of you who have contributed in the past! Huzzah, gentlemen!

Consider the enclosed flyer for the show and see if it fits your schedule - I hope it does! If you wish you may contact the vendor directly to reserve a table. Contact me if you want more information about Houston. There is a "show special" at a local hotel which might give you some advantage. Take it if you can.
In the past two years we've had good meets, but participants have been my Texas based cohorts. Since it's part of a larger show attendees also have the opportunity to shop the various vendors. I've been lucky in the past - you might be too! Bring money!

Please see if you can fit this event into your schedule and don't hesitate to contact me or the vendor for details.
Thanks for all y'all do and I look forward to another great show!
I'd like to see YOU here!
Michael
Attachments
MichaelB

Re: MAC Meeting, 2015

Postby dsamuels » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:49 pm

I'll be there again- always a fun time for a loyal group of MAC collectors in Texas! Hope you all can make it.

Also, I am cashing in my frequent flyer miles to attend the Chris Sayer's TOTS meet in the Midlands, two weeks before the MAC meet.

- Danny
dsamuels

Postby voodoo1200 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:44 pm

What is TOTS?
voodoo1200

Postby dsamuels » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:15 pm

TOTS = The One True Scale, which is 1:200, of course. TOTS evolved from the same sources as MAC, but focused only on 1:200.

The website is http://www.the-one-true-scale.co.uk. There you can download years of newsletters, which is the archival history of our (1:200) hobby.

And by the way, I love your collection, always have.

- Danny
dsamuels

Postby johnbeugels » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:42 am

Hello Michael,

Nice you will organize a MAC meeting. As I am living in Europe you will understand that I am not present.
And indeed we still mis Geoffrey as a expert on model planes.
For all collectors of Dinky toys, you can always contact me for any questions.

Regards John.
johnbeugels

Postby MichaelB » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:21 pm

John, thanks for that and I will accept your exemption from our little get together!
Next time!
Michael
MichaelB

Postby norri » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:23 pm

can't make either gathering I'm afraid. If I'd known about the Coventry Museum meet a little earlier, I might have been able to get there. nevermind, perhaps next year
norri

Postby Aeronaut » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:18 pm

I just made my reservation for the Hobby Airport Double Tree! See you'all there for the show n'tell! :D
Aeronaut

Postby dsamuels » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:17 pm

TOTS Meet, Coventry, 18 October, 2015
Full report at MAC Meet next week
Attachments
TOTS
dsamuels

Postby MichaelB » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Well, again, the Houston MAC Contingent met at the Collectibles Show. I'm not sure of what the other vendors were selling, but the five of us generated plenty of excitement!
Danny Samuels, Christian Gandolfo (& wife), Bernie Snyder & Wendy Snyder, Scott Sechrist and I really gave the moving parts a work out! Severe storms rolled through Houston that morning so the other didn't show till Noon. After that it was a gab fest until the end of the show. Thus followed the apres' show meeting which went on for three hours and then the apres' apres' eating meeting at a local establishment!
So good to be with a bunch of old men who still know how to show childish enthusiasm! :)
Danny Samuels will show up here later with a more indepth presentation on the 1/200 thing. Berne showed us some of the new models he's built in 1/200 and Christians is amassing an amazing collection of un-heard of models from Argentina!
I felt out of place showing my accumulations of vintage far east "crap", like Mandarin, Bachmann, Hallmark and others.
A fine time, gentlemen!
Everyone within the sound of my voice should consider attending next years' show - to be announced! Or...organize one for your area!
Michael
Attachments
L-R Christian, Ana, , Danny Samuels, Michael, Scott Sechrist, Wendy Snyder, Bernie Snyder
MichaelB

Next

Return to General Discussion