Looking for CAS models for collection

Prototype/design models. Desk models contracted by or made in house by aircraft manufacturing firms. Makers of these types of models include Topping, Precise etc...

Moderator: larrymak

Looking for CAS models for collection

Postby gunshipgator » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:59 am

Hello all! New here and stumbled upon this forum today after seeing a small Maisto "Speed Gear" RQ-1B in Target. I have been looking for some time for a collection of small close air support (CAS) aircraft. My Father-in-law makes a tabletop game that is sort of like horse racing or gambling for fun. It requires 11 variants of models, be it horse, cars, etc. My idea was to make it for CAS platforms as I'm an AC-130 gunship crewmember. I wanted to include all the platforms I've worked with so AC-130H Spectre, AC-130U Spooky, MH-47 Chinook, A-10 Hawg, AH-64, MH-60L, AH-6 Little Bird, and some pointy-nosed types like the F-18G, F-15E, F-16C and maybe [cough, HAK...] a bomber. Not that I admit readily that bombers actually perform CAS. Point is, I'd like to find these models in small sizes and obviously they cannot all be the same scale. So, anybody have ideas on manufacturers or leads on finding some of these in a 2-3.5" size? Thanks for any and all help!

Re: Looking for CAS models for collection

Postby sandmanoverhaul » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:06 am

A couple possibilities-

1) cruise through this site. I see a C-130 in 1/400 scale. A little big but one of the smallest I know of

2) Many High school's now have 3-d printers. See if they can take on a scale-down project. It will be in plastic but with some modern casting systems, might be candidates for miniature metal versions.

Regards, Tom

Return to Manufacturer's Models